Applying for a printout from the Commercial Register (Handelsregister)
- Information about corporations (GmbH, AG), commercial partnerships (OHG, KG) or sole traders.
- Information concerning facts and legal relationships which are important in a commercial context, such as the names of the persons who are authorised to represent the company which has been registered.
The Commercial Register is an official directory that is kept in electronic form. The register court will issue a printout of the entries and documents submitted at your request.
The register court in whose registration district the company or sole trader is domiciled.
Note: The register courts in Baden-Württemberg are the district courts in Freiburg, Mannheim, Stuttgart and Ulm.
- Should you not require a printout or file, rather only the information itself, you can obtain the data online: Join the register portal free-of-charge and then retrieve the data.
- Should you apply for a printout either in person or in writing:
- If you ask the competent register court in person, you will receive a printout immediately.
- If you send a written request, you will receive an invoice. The register court will send you the printout which has been requested no later that the date on which the invoice amount is credited to its account.
The extract can also be sent electronically to participants in electronic legal transactions. Transmission as a simple e-mail is not possible, however. The competent registry court can provide you with information.
Should you access the data online:
- Accessing of data from the register: EUR 4.50 per register sheet.
- Retrieval of documents which have been submitted to the register: 1.50 EUR per retrieved file.
Should you apply for the printout either in person or electronically:
- ...and require it in paper form:
- For simple excerpts: EUR 10.00
- For official excerpts: EUR 20.00
- ... and require it by way of electronic legal transactions:
- for an uncertified file: EUR 5.00
- for a certified file: EUR 10.00
- § 9 des Handelsgesetzbuchs (HGB) (Einsichtnahme in das Handelsregister)
- § 30a der Handelsregisterverordnung (HRV) (Ausdrucke)
- Nr. 17000 bis 17003 der Anlage 1 (Kostenverzeichnis) zu § 3 Absatz 2 des Gesetzes über Kosten der freiwilligen Gerichtsbarkeit für Gerichte und Notare (GNotKG)
- Nr. 1140 und 1141 der Anlage zu § 4 Absatz 1 des Gesetzes über Kosten in Angelegenheiten der Justizverwaltung (Justizverwaltungskostengesetz - JVKostG)
The German original version of this text was drafted in close cooperation with the relevant departments. The Justizministerium released it on 06.05.2021. Only the German text is legally binding. The Federal State does not assume any liability for the translated texts.
In cases of doubt or if you have any questions or problems, please contact the relevant authorities directly.