Licence committee - applying for a licence as an contract doctor
You can obtain your licence from the regional licensing committee of the association of contract doctors which is responsible for you. This licensing committee plans requirements and ensures coverage which meets demand.
The licensing committee in the registration district in which you want to practise as an contract doctor
- You are entered as a doctor or psychotherapist in the Register of Medical Practitioners
- There is a need for doctors in your intended location. In open planning areas, you can form a new practice, take over an existing one or join a partnership. In blocked planning areas, a colleague must first provide a suitable location which you can take over.
You must apply for the licence in writing. You can obtain application forms from the offices of the approval committees.
The licensing committee will pass a resolution on your application after holding talks. The decision will then be communicated to you in writing.
Submit the application twelve weeks before the scheduled meeting of the responsible licensing committee and no less than four weeks in advance.
- Extract from the Register of Medical Practitioners
- Certification of the work carried out as a doctor since qualification.
- Signed CV
- Current certificate of good conduct from the police.
- Declaration of the employment relationships which exist at the time of the application.
- Declaration relating to alcohol and drug dependency.
You must present originals or certified transcripts of these documents.
Note: If you are unable to present any confirmation of your activities as a doctor to the licence committee, you must provide an alternative form of proof. Please request further information from the competent authority.
- Application for licence: EUR 100.00
- On receipt of a positive final notice: EUR 400.00
Should you plan to establish yourself in a blocked area, please join the free-of-charge waiting list of the Association of Medical Practitioners and Health Insurance Companies as soon as possible.
The German original version of this text was drafted in close cooperation with the relevant departments. The Sozialministerium released it on 05.12.2018. Only the German text is legally binding. The Federal State does not assume any liability for the translated texts.
In cases of doubt or if you have any questions or problems, please contact the relevant authorities directly.