Aspects of daily life

Foreign Students

To be admitted to study at an institution of further education in Germany, foreign applicants require proof of qualifications, which are equivalent to the German higher education admis-sion authorisation (Allgemeine Hochschulreife, Fachgebundene Hochschulreife or Fachhochschulreife). If your certificates do not originate from one of the European Union (EU) countries, then first of all the equal footing of the qualification is checked. Exact information can be obtained in the procedure description "Accreditation of the Higher Education Admission Authorisation (foreign school-leaving Certificates)".

Students from the EU including Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein have to apply for a place of study (Application for admission) directly to the respective institution of higher education or to the Stiftung für Hochschulzulassung just like German students.

All other foreign students (non-EU) can find the information that applies to them in the procedure description "Application for Admission of foreign Applicants (non EU)".

Release note

The German original version of this text was drafted in close cooperation with the relevant departments. The Ministerium für Wissenschaft, Forschung und Kunst released it on 19.05.2015. Only the German text is legally binding. The Federal State does not assume any liability for the translated texts.
In cases of doubt or if you have any questions or problems, please contact the relevant authorities directly.